Not only are Charlotte breweries attracting unBREWlievable crowds in their taprooms, but they are also growing through new and exciting distribution opportunities. If you have an interest in entering the microbrewery landscape, consider purchasing a brewery rather than starting your own from scratch. Learn about the many benefits of buying vs. starting a brewery below.
Why Buy a Brewery in Charlotte, NC?
If you’ve decided that the craft brewery industry is right for you, your next step is deciding whether you want to start your own brewery or buy an established brewery. While starting your own brewery gives you the flexibility to build your business exactly how you’d like it, there are countless setbacks, including expense, time, risk, and brand awareness.
On the flip side, buying an established brewhouse offers numerous benefits, including:
- Existing real estate for brewery operations
- Existing craft beer recipes that are well-liked by locals
- Pre-owned brewing equipment and taproom equipment
- Trained staff to brew beer, serve in the tasting room, and manage the distribution
- Established relationships with suppliers, local bars, and distributors
- Established brand awareness, fan base, and marketing
- Proven business model
With established operations and manufacturing in place, buying an established brewery allows you to hit the ground running rather than start from square one.
For more information on buying a brewery in Charlotte, NC, and to determine if the industry is right for you, contact VR Business Brokers to schedule a free consultation. Our team has years of experience helping entrepreneurs find their dream businesses, and we can help you too. Cheers!